COLT Annual meeting 2017
Thursday, November 9th, 9:30am-3:30pm
Battelle-Darby Creek Metro Park 1775 Darby Creek Drive
Galloway, OH 43119
The 2017-2018 MEMBERSHIP CAMPAIGN is UNDERWAY!
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP OR BECOME A NEW MEMBER Today!
Click here to view the Membership Form (Microsoft Word Document). The form can be printed and mailed, along with your check, to:
c/o Western Reserve Land Conservancy
3850 Chagrin River Road
Moreland Hills, OH44022
Please make checks payable to: COLT c/o Western Reserve Land Conservancy
To sign up for COLT via credit card, please contact:
Sheila Randel | Database Manager Western Reserve Land Conservancy
3850 Chagrin River Rd. | Moreland Hills, OH 44022
440.528.4163 (direct) | 440.528.4150
"In 2015, after working together for more than a year, three land trusts (The Land Conservancy of Hamilton County, Ohio, Clinton County Open Lands, Inc., and Southern Ohio Farmland Preservation Association) merged to become one: Cardinal Land Conservancy—one strong regional land trust that works in seven southwest Ohio counties to preserve quality of life in the places you love. The merger integrates our respective assets, expertise, connections and good will for greater reach and effectiveness. This model of expansion and merger of land trusts is successful in northeast Ohio, southern Indiana and throughout the country."
Find out more about Cardinal Land Conservancy at https://www.cardinallandconservancy.org/
You can also visit their Facebook page.
Click to find a land trust: INTERACTIVE Ohio Land Trusts
Service Area map
The Coalition of Ohio Land Trusts (COLT) is a voluntary network of land trusts and other conservation organizations dedicated to advancing land conservation for public benefit in Ohio.
COLT strives to help Ohio's land trusts conserve more of the state's farmland, woodlands and natural areas by assisting each land trust in building organizational capacity and developing strategic conservation plans. Since its inception, COLT has worked to:
1. Enhance the technical knowledge of Ohio land trusts through training and peer-to-peer networking;
2. Increase land trusts' implementation of Land Trust Standards and Practices through land trust organizational assessments and;
3. Advance critical state and federal land conservation policy initiatives and legislation, such as property tax reform, and renewal of the Clean Ohio Fund, in partnership with other statewide groups such as Ohio League of Conservation Voters and Mainstream Green Coalition.
SEND US STORIES!
Send us a story about a landowner that your land trust has assisted or someone you know that has a preserved farm. We are interested in stories about farm preservation easements as well as non-farm easement stories. All of these stories help COLT as we continuously need to show the beneficial impact of the memberships’ work in order to successfully advocate for public funding programs.
-Send stories from your existing materials. Your story will be posted on the website under the land owner stories tab.
- Send us photos related to the story. If a photo should be credited to someone please provide that information.
- Send us on-going information about events to post as content on our facebook page. These can be about your own events, e.g. information about your annual fundraiser, or a link to media content about a recently closed easement, or links to land conservation-related events offered by you or others in your part of the state.
Please send your stories or event info to Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org.