In the News:
SEND US STORIES!
Send us a story about a landowner that your land trust has assisted or someone you know that has a preserved farm. We are interested in stories about farm preservation easements as well as non-farm easement stories. All of these stories help COLT as we continuously need to show the beneficial impact of the memberships’ work in order to successfully advocate for public funding programs.
-Send stories from your existing materials. Your story will be posted on the website under the land owner stories tab: http://www.ohiolandtrusts.org/alexander-family-glen-helen/
- Send us photos related to the story. If a photo should be credited to someone please provide that information.
- Send us on-going information about events to post as content on our facebook page. These can be about your own events, e.g. information about your annual fundraiser, or a link to media content about a recently closed easement, or links to land conservation-related events offered by you or others in your part of the state.
Please send your stories or event info to Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer With Black Swamp Conservancy
Appalachia of Ohio Alliance
AOA has some nice events coming up.
Click to find a land trust: INTERACTIVE Ohio Land Trusts
Service Area map links to Land Trust Alliance Website
Ohio land trusts can send an email to Midwest@lta.org to sign up for Ohio listserv (hosted by the Land Trust Alliance).
If you would like to submit a story or an event, email Jenny at email@example.com. She will put it on the website for you!
The Coalition of Ohio Land Trusts (COLT) is a voluntary network of land trusts and other conservation organizations dedicated to advancing land conservation for public benefit in Ohio.
COLT strives to help Ohio's land trusts conserve more of the state's farmland, woodlands and natural areas by assisting each land trust in building organizational capacity and developing strategic conservation plans. Since its inception, COLT has worked to:
1. Enhance the technical knowledge of Ohio land trusts through training and peer-to-peer networking;
2. Increase land trusts' implementation of Land Trust Standards and Practices through land trust organizational assessments and;
3. Advance critical state and federal land conservation policy initiatives and legislation, such as property tax reform, and renewal of the Clean Ohio Fund, in partnership with other statewide groups such as Ohio League of Conservation Voters and Mainstream Green Coalition.