The Land Trust Alliance invites you to:
Strategic Conservation Planning: Just Add Water--How to Better Integrate Land Conservation and Freshwater Protection--November 5, 2013 | 9:00am - 4:30pm Central | Milwaukee, Wisconsin
During this training based on the Standards and Practices strategic conservation planning course, interactive discussions and activities will flow together to teach you:
- How to form a strategic conservation plan, incorporating input from your community
- How to create guidelines to help your organization do proactive, not reactive, conservation
- How you can, and others do, integrate both land and water resources into conservation priorities
- How land and water groups can create strong partnerships for conservation
- How to measure success and implement a land and water strategy
The day will include an onsite field trip led by David Grusznski from The Conservation Fund, where we will examine hydric soils and discuss the Greenseams program, and a lunch discussion led by Gary Belan, director of the Clean Water Program at American Rivers.
Our instructors are Ole Amundsen III and Anne Murphy. Ole is the strategic conservation program manager at The Conservation Fund, working out of Ithaca, NY. A seasoned professional with nonprofit and government experience, Ole focuses on assisting partners achieve their full potential by helping them complete strategic conservation plans and approach plan implementation holistically.
Anne is the conservation stewardship director for the Minnesota Land Trust and is responsible for leading the stewardship program and managing the land trust's easement portfolio. She has authored two case study guides on strategic conservation planning for the Alliance, serves as an online expert for The Learning Center, and is a commissioner with the Land Trust Accreditation Commission.
We look forward to seeing you.